2007年8月30日

“天冷就回来” by 实践剧场华语音乐剧

I hurried to National Library’s drama theatre for the show “If There’re Seasons…” written by Raymond To which is inspired by Liang Wern Fook’s popular hits of song writing which also consists of Xinyao.

The story goes like this:-

“After the painful demise of his girlfriend Jing, Ah Le flies to New York to breathe life into his fading dream of writing music. There he meets and befriends Ah Qiang, a fellow dream hunter from Singapore, who helps him settle right in. It is a difficult period of transition, but Ah Le soon gets a job working at a restaurant.

While on the job he encounters Rose, a struggling actress who fits right in with the boys and a beautiful friendship of battered dreams and bruised lives is born. The winds of fate stir and their lives tumble on. An air of romance lingers wistfully, but does an old love really die?”

This story touch my heart and I cried at some scenes. It is really great and I think my sister and I saw Liang Wern Fook and his wife seating behind us. Oh my god. And the two ladies seating at the behind me and beside his wife are so noisy and keep saying some nonsense remarks which I can’t even bear to hear.

I especially like the guy who acted as Ah Le. He is really good. You might remember him if you have be following up on the Channel 5 reality dance competition “The Dance Floor”. The other performers also putted up a really good show. I really liked the last act where they sing the song “Singapore Pie”.

It makes me realized that I really like to watch theater plays like this one.

Anyway, there is a poem from the drama show which I liked it:-

The winter of death numbs a lover’s pain,

The autumn of dreams lies awake in vain,

The summer of life sings its passing song,

And spring comes again… with courage to hope, and go on.

And I’ll end with the title of the show:

“If there are seasons I would see snow, but not around here…”

没有评论: